Saturday 31 December 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I was really surprised to read in the Daily Telegraph that only 4 in 10 of us make New Year's Resolutions. I can't imagine a year without a resolution or target, but then I like that kind of little ritual.

It is always so tempting though, to take on far too much. In the run up to the stroke of midnight, it can be tempting to decide to change the world, or at least our own little corner of it. But I think it is wise not to take on too much, so you can really enjoy your resolutions or targets.

So this year, I am going to revive something I did a year or so ago, which was to keep a list of all the books that I read over the year, making particular note of those that I borrow from the library, and a running total of how much those books would have cost were I to have bought them.

I may make others, for the evening is as of yet still young. Perhaps another should be to continue to blog often, as I have really enjoyed blogging more this year. Whatever you are resolving, good luck!

Love
Mimi
xxx

2 comments:

Kate said...

Happy New Year Mimi! My resolution is the same every year, lose weight! I usually get to my goal then gain it all back over Christmas the next year!

Dinahsoar said...

No resolutions for me this year and it is a first. Always always it has been to lose the excess weight. But I achieved that goal back in Feb. and have managed to stay within one to two pounds, even through the holidays!..which is a miracle for me. I think I finally nailed the key to weight control for myself. It was such a blessing to not diet during the holiday!

I wish you a Happy New Year and hope this new year will be an excellent one.