Friday 26 September 2008

Time For A Sit Down

Later, after I have had a bath and a cup of tea, I will post all about my adventures in London. Yesterday included a trip to Covent Garden, Cath Kidston (the shop, not the lady, but oh how lovely that would be!), the National Gallery and some other delights as well.

But for now I want to let you know what I have been doing with my day off, and then you will see why I need a sit down!

Inspired by a lovely post of kitchen domesticity here http://vintagepretty.org/2008/09/18/baking-to-save-a-soul/ and the lovely idea of toppling into autumn here http://yarnstorm.blogs.com/knitblog/2008/09/on-the-cusp.html I have spent the day in the kitchen.

I have made four portions of cornershop curry, four portions of vegetable soup, four portions of shepherds pie, four portions of chicken comfort pie, four portions of kofta curry, four portions of fishcakes, a batch of cheese scones, and there is a chocolate pudding baking in the oven as I type.

I have thrown open every window in our dear little flat, and thrown away some flowers that had faded past their best. I have hoovered every room, made a pile of library books to back, and magazines to be recycled, and have straightened out the sofa too.

I have a tired but happy glow, and am looking forward to sinking into a hot bath, with the thought of posting about yesterday to look forward to, some more knitting on my mohair scarf, and painting my nails the colour of hot chocolate.

Wherever you are, I hope that this Friday finds you savouring the start of a scrumptious weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a fortnights worth of meals for the freezer? I'm most impressed