Wednesday 12 August 2009

Wednesday Afternoon and a Cup of Tea

It is a good thing that I have a cup of tea to hand, or I might just be in tears now! Oh it is nothing serious at all, but this morning I did two loads of washing and pegged them out to dry, because yesterday Radio 4 assured me that it would be cooler today, but not showery. And now? The rain is coming down so hard that the air has taken on that misty quality! It is tapping against the window and drumming on the cars outside! I could go out and bring it in, but then I would be soaked myself, and we do not have a tumbledrier to put the wet things in anyway...

I wanted to watch Midsommer Murders on the itv player, but it is not on there. I have a tummy ache and feel really rather vexed! I have finished my book, and while I do have more to start...I don't know which one to choose!

I had planned to tidy out my collection of magazines, weed some, and put them away....but I didn't feel like I had the energy, and now I wish I had!

What a misery I am! Ah, but it is not all doom and gloom. I think I am suffering from having Carl's company all day yesterday, and being on my own today. Not entirely alone though, because I did have a very lovely tapas lunch with some dear friends in town earlier, and even better, we had a voucher for 50% off our bill!

We have planted some lettuce seeds to grow in windowbox, and the first little shoots are starting to appear, which makes me smile at the wonder of it all.

The health food shop has a new range of vegetarian food in- Amy's. http://www.amys.com/about_us/index.php We are not totally vegetarian, but having cut down on meat a lot recently, we have decided to have a month of eating vegetarian at home, and only eating meat if we are out, and it is good quality. I have been cooking a lot of Rose Eliot recipes, and while I really do enjoy cooking from scratch, sometimes it is so nice to have a little something stashed in the freezer that I have not made, is tasty and healthy. Amy's ticks all the boxes! I got us her Indian Samosa Roll and Bean Burrito's to try in our lunchboxes this week.

I have two bottles of raspberry gin steeping on my sideboard. Even though it won't be ready for a few weeks, it tastes wonderful already! Summer in a bottle, and the prettiest pink colour ever!

I have a brand new bottle of bubble bath sitting in the bathroom just waiting for me to turn the hot tap on!

I am going to be baking chocolate cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook tomorrow. I made a little shopping trip to Marks and Sparks this morning, and now have a box of organic chocolate vermicelli sprinkles just waiting to be sprinkled!

So really, I have plenty to be cheerful about! I think it is time that I made the kettle whistle again, and brew another pot of Lipton's Yellow Label tea!

I hope that the sun is shining on you today, and if you have rain, I hope that you have not pegged your washing out!

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

Catching up on your posts and wanted to comment--- though we live on different continents, we enjoy some of the same things...I love Midsomer Murders, love the Amy's Indian Samosa wraps..and love the Lipton Yellow label tea. (I was introduced to Samosas and Lipton yellow label by a neighbor from India--she also lived in England for a few years.)

Amy's Samosa wraps are good--now, I make my own here at home. After eating Amy's the first time I found myself thinking: why didn't I think of this, since the filling is easy to prepare..it's making the pastry and the deep frying I don't like. Problem solved with a wrap.

I buy flour tortillas, add the filling, then fold/wrap and brown in a skillet with a little ghee or oil.....quick, simple, tasty and inexpensive too. We--husband and I--dip them in pudina (mint ketchup) or regular ketchup.

Also, if you make extras they freeze nicely..if you brown them before freezing they only want heating in the microwave later.