Friday 3 February 2012

First Daffodils of Spring

When I woke up this morning, I discovered that the tightly budded daffodils that I brought home with me last night have started to open. So beautiful. I read once, years ago on Brocante Home, that in February you should buy daffodils as often as you buy milk. Wise advice indeed, and at £1 for two bunches, and affordable luxury too.

I hope that you are all safe and warm. I have checked and rechecked the weather forecast, and it looks like (fingers crossed!) we should be avoiding the snow here. I hope that if you have it, you can have some fun in it. I am quietly thankful for the spare bag of tea bags I keep stashed away and the bottle of milk in the freezer!

Today is a busy day...on the way to work I need to pick up a couple of little birthday gifts and buy a new bus ticket. Then I have to finish off the paperwork for my annual review, open the library, run book club, then catch the bus to the next town for my end of year review, but before I get there drop in for a quick meeting with someone who may have some cake decorating work for me. Then a quick cup of tea with Mum after work, home again, make dinner, out to book club......and then, relax! Hurrah for a weekend off....

Love
Mimi
xxx

No comments: