Thursday 3 January 2013

Today I Am Grateful For

...a security guard at work. From time to time, they do spot checks, and you have to swipe your security pass so they can check your credentials. I was on my way back from popping out at lunch, with two bags in one hand, a coffee in the other, and my lunch juggled between the two. Seeing me struggle to get my pass out of my bag, one of them took it and swiped it for me. A little act of kindness, but much appreciated.

...the internet. I want to make Thai Chicken Soup this evening. The recipe was from a copy of Good Food Magazine several years ago, and I don't think I have made it since we have moved. It is really quick and easy, but I couldn't find the recipe. Happily, after a few minutes of internet searching, I came across it. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1813/easy-noodles

...thank you. I had a particularly difficult series of events to manage at work today, and had a bit of a tension headache by lunch time. I got a 'thank you' text from my boss. Just those two words. But it made a difference to how I felt.

There are lots of other things I could list today. I am trying to pick 3 to focus on, but I have been spoilt today. One that I must mention though, is the great joy I find in the library. I popped in to return some books, and took a look at the Classics shelf in the hope we might have some more Persephone books in. Alas it was not to be, but I have discovered Katherine Mansfield and took home a book of her short stories, which I am enjoying very much already.

The evening holds some simple pleasures for me...home cooked soup, a bath, my library book, and an early night. I hope the evening holds similar lovely things in store for you.

Love Mimi xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mimi, It sounds like a lovely evening. I hope 2013 will bring you joy and happiness.

Teresa, Sacramento, California