Wednesday 18 June 2008

Yachting Treasures

I have a favourite Aunt and Uncle who are amongst the loveliest people I know. There are so many lovely things about them- every Sunday, he makes boiled eggs for breakfast, and if they are not precisely right, he will cast them aside and start again. She makes the most divine sausage rolls in the world. They have a marvellous way of making you feel at home and relaxed. One of their quirks that makes me smile is their habit of going yachting after their Sunday breakfast eggs.

What is so quirky about yachting, I hear you ask? Nothing at all, except they do not do their yachting on water. Instead, yachting means visiting the local car boot sale! When we visited Mum and Dad for Father's Day, Mum gave me a little bag of treasure from her own recent yachting adventure- five tea plates patterned with love-in-a-mist.

I have one dinner plate patterned with love-in-a-mist, and these plates are the exact match for it! I was so pleased, and as I washed them up, I realised that love-in-a-mist really are my favourite flower. Have I told you the story before, of when I was a little girl, my grandad gave me a packet of mixed flowers seeds to scatter in the garden? Even now, some twenty years on, the love-in-a-mist still come up, and make me remember him, and happy childhood days.

Although I am trying to declutter a little bit, my natural magpie instinct is making me hope very much that dear Carl might take me yachting one Sunday soon, so I can look out for some other little treasures of my own...

No comments: