Wednesday 27 May 2009

Cup of Tea Catch Up

Sometimes when I sit down to write a post, I have a specific topic in mind, and it feels almost like I am writing a mini-essay. Sometimes though, I just want to get out my tea pot, pour us a cup of tea, set out the cupcakes, and catch up on all the little things.

The first thing isn't such a little thing really, but a big one- a big thank you to all of you who are kind enough to come and visit me here, and especially to those of you who leave such kind comments for me. I really feel like I know you from our little writings here! Please, if you havent already, do leave me a comment with your email address, as I have been busily putting together some little thank you packages to send out!

Now, on to other things- and some forthcoming pleasures. I am really looking forward to a trip to our local theatre soon. It has a cinema screen, and they are showing 'houswives choice' which is a programme from the BFI which includes cinemagazines, documentaries and adverts from the 20s to the 50s. We are not sure if they are going to serve refreshements or not, so I shall be taking along a flask of tea and some battenburg to hand round. A litte more information (and booking details should you live close enough!) here:

http://www.chelmsfordbc.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=16900

Talking of tea, have you seen the lovely adverts for Twinings recently? There are tea leaves scattered about, and a pair of hands draws patterns in them, to gentle music. My favourite is the Lady Gray one. You can see them here, on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_HBCTSsYyQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC6qZKO8YnE&NR=1

I am also looking forward very much to next week- because I have my first proper break from work since Christmas!I have the whole week off, and am planning some adventures- I am having a lovely friend visit for lunch, and I am going to make bread, sew and apron, bake cupcakes, go swimming, and play!

Tonight I am going to have a little adventure in the kitchen, trying a Rose Eliot recipe for Red Bean Lasagne. I am going to tweak it a little bit, using taco seasoning, and then have a violet scented bath before bed.

No comments: