Tuesday 14 June 2011

This Evening I Am...

...sitting at home in the twilight alone, as poor Carl is working late...

...boiling the kettle for the third time for the cup of tea I still haven't managed to make...

...breathing in cool air from the open window...

...feeling slightly headachey and feverish...

...yet still listening to The Best Of The Corrs on my laptop...

...crocheting another apple cosy...

...wearing red, which is fast becoming my signature colour...

...looking forward to my day off with Mum on Friday...

...thinking how writing a blog is rather like writing an open letter to the world, and the loveliest of people read it and reply...a special thank you to Dinah for your words which are a real comfort...

...trying to decide if I want a bath before bed or just to wrap myself in the soft covers and drift off to sleep...

...wondering what to buy my father and father-in-law for father's day on Sunday...

...feeling so grateful for friends and family...

4 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening. Your blog is always a joy to read.

BTW--watched the Mollie Makes video and loved it. I also love that the magazine will include a kit to make a project each issue. Very clever idea. I purchased a UK card magazine at my local Barnes & Noble and it included a set of clear stamps...loved that too. Will keep my eye out for Mollie Makes at B&N.

I don't buy a lot of magazines anymore what with the internet having so many wonderful things to peruse, but I love nothing better than a stack of good magazines. They are cheering and feed the creative part of me, the part that wants to make things and feather my nest. Sometimes the additional expense if very worth the cost.

Dinahsoar said...

Per the Dottie Angel blog Mollie Makes WILL BE available at Barnes & Noble. YAY!! Here's the link to her post with the info.

http://dottieangel.blogspot.com/2011/06/mollie-makes.html

Tash said...

Hi Mimi,

I am glad to hear you're partaking in lovely crafty pastimes. It has been really manic here, but we're on the last stretch and should be almost completely done by this time next week (which will subsequently mean more frequent communications!).

Can I have your new phone # and I'll give you a ring at your convenience?

Have a lovely week!

Tash

Mrs Mac said...

;) I always go through that 'to bathe or not to bathe, whether 'tis sweeter to just collapse into the warm, welcoming quilt...' thing too!