Wednesday 22 June 2011

Tomato and Lentil Soup (with rather too much dried chilli)

Lightly fry an onion in a little oil, and when soft, stir in a crushed clove of garlic. When it starts to smell fragrant, stir in a good shaking of dried rosemary, and a handful of red lentils (about 2-3oz) and a chopped red pepper. Stir in a tin of chopped tomatoes, and about 700ml stock. Add a pinch of dried chilli, then bubble away until the lentils are soft, which will take about 15 minutes. Give it a whizz in a food processor (I used my beloved vitamix) then serve with a smile and a sofa to relax into, and a box of tissues to dab at your nose with! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

Yumm. I do love how lentils cook up so quickly. I always keep them in my pantry. I mostly fix mine with Indian seasonings as in dal, but your recipe sounds delish.