Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Simple Things

Mollie Makes is one of my favourite magazines, one of the few that I still read, and I always look forward to it flip flopping through the letterbox. My favourite method of reading it is to flick through once quickly, then read it slowly and properly. Just like my Mum, I am very likely to start at the back and work my way forwards.

Mollie Makes is the kind of magazine you need quiet to read in, and a notebook to hand, as before long, as you turn the pages, your mind starts to fizz and hum with ideas.

When I was having my first flick through the latest issue, I actually squeaked when I saw an advert for a new sister magazine being launched in September. It is called The Simple Things and looks like a magazine just written for me.

Fancy a quick sneak peek of the first issue? Just click here: http://issuu.com/futurepublishing/docs/sim01.ebook_subs?mode=embed&layout=http://skin.issuu.com/v/dark/layout.xml&showFlipBtn=true I actually much prefer the cover shown in Mollie Makes rather than the one on the internet, but that was the same with Mollie Makes too, their preview cover was what sold me on a subscription. There is a jolly good offer on at the moment, the first 3 issues of The Simple Things for £5, so it would be a lovely thing for you to treat yourself too.

What is on your magazine pile at the moment?

4 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Thanks for the link to the new magazine.

Like you I go through the magazine cover to cover perusing it.

Then I start over, reading every word, usually from the front to back.

Then later I will read it back to front...LOL.

My last magazine read was Romantic Homes.

Debbie said...

I am looking forward to a look at the new magazine too. I know that Susannah Conway (whose e-courses Unravelling and Blogging From the Heart I have thoroughly enjoyed) is writing for it.

Yvonne said...

I love goint to our local Barnes and Noble and looking for the latest magazines from the UK. The UK Country Living is much better than the US version. I also enjoy Mollie Makes.

I make a cup of something tasty and curl up with these magazines for a "read athon" that really gives me good ideas for projects.

Yvonne said...

I really enjoy going to our local Barnes and Noble and finding magazines from the UK. I enjoy the fact that they are from somewhere far away and yet the ideas and projects can be done by anyone no matter where they live.

My Favorites are Country Living UK and Molly Makes. I'll keep an eye out for the new one you mentioned.