Wednesday 15 November 2006

Stumbling Upon Good Things

I have posted before about how other bloggers will post about something I have been thinking, or seen, or read, and also about how often fellow bloggers give me ideas for things to make, read, cook….

Firstly, I have been struck by an urge for chunky vegetable soup having visited the every lovely http://prettylittleblog.blogspot.com Secondly, I have been out on my lunch hour on a mission- Posy www.posy.typepad.com/posy/ posted about BBC Good Homes magazine. As well as coming with a voucher for a free pack of mini baubles from M+S, it also has a free little Christmas Ideas magazine. The good thing for me is that some of the ideas come from one of my favourite Christmas books- Christmas Inspirations by Rose Hammick, and some from a book I have been pondering about buying- Creating Your Perfect Christmas. Better still, you can buy the books at reduced prices! And there is more…the magazine looks great too!

Posy has sparked another idea in my mind- you know how I am for magazines-especially the Christmas editions? Well it seems she is like that too- and she has a photo of all her magazines stacked up, ready to read. Well it strikes me I buy them as I see them, here and there, read them, buy another… Next year, I am going to go out and buy them all at once. It will cost the same, but I think it will feel much more indulgent. I am going to stack them up next to ‘my’ chair with a nice box of chocolates (Single origin from Thorntons have caught my eye) ready, waiting for me.

A lovely piece of post when I got home from work last night: the new Cath Kidston catalogue. Imagine my delight when not only did I fall in love with one of her new patterns-Lapland-but that she even does candles, paper plates, matches now! How to resist? (I probably won’t be trying very hard to!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The snag is I buy magazines (normally to acquire change for the bus) flick through with the intention of following up later and then I don't go back to them. they just sit piles up in my study and at some point I can't take anymore so I begin to go through looking for articles of interest to rip out. Perhaps I need to approach it in a more civilized manner?