Thursday 7 June 2007

Scrumptious Breakfast

It is so easy to fall into bad habits, isn’t it? You see, dear Carl leaves for work at around 7.15, while I don’t leave until 8.30. So each morning I wave him off, have a shower and then have breakfast. Usually in the living room, with the tv on. Doing this I discovered that I quite like ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ where I always used to think I didn’t, but now that has been taken off for Big Brother, and, well, my mornings have not been quite as scrumptious as they could have been!

So this morning, I abandoned the living room altogether! I always have the bedroom windows thrown wide open to let in the morning air, and I reclined on the bed with a buttery soft croissant, a cup of vanilla coffee, and my new book- ‘The Art and Power of Being a Lady’ (A finishing school with va-va-voom according to the reviewer!) In the background, Glenn Miller serenaded me first with ‘In the Mood’ and then ‘Moonlight Serenade’. And even though I had to be out by 8 O’clock for my early morning start at work today, it felt like I had bags more time than usual, and it was all so much more scrumptious and luxurious!

From now on I resolve to start every day with a little music and spoil myself!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mimi,

What a wonderful way to start the day! It sure must make waking up much more pleasant. I'll have to find some 40s and 50s music to add to my playlist, as I love the stuff but don't seem to have any.

The book sounds intriguing, can't wait to read your review.

fairytalesandflowers said...

Mimi I love Everyone Love's Raymond too, it's the perfect way to start the day!

Anonymous said...

Definitely the best way to start the day. Unfortunately I have fallen into bad habits, I can barely keep my eyes open for the first two hours of the day - it's awful! I'm going to adopt some "special measures" to correct this - perhaps being awakened to a bit of Nat King Cole would be the best way?! :)

P.s.
I have an email on the way - thanks so, so much for your parcel. Indy loved the card (she has it pinned to her box and looks at it lovingly!) and I definitely found the chocolate very yummy indeed - so a BIG cyber-hug to you for thinking of us both :)