Saturday 5 January 2008

Mimi Takes On Technology.....And Wins....Mostly

It would be more accurate to say that I took on technology with the help of dear Mr Carl! I have snapped a few pictures to share with you, using his phone, and he has just hooked it up to the computer so that I can post them here.

I was reading through your lovely comments earlier, and somehow rejected one I meant to publish. And using the back button doesn't seem to bring it back! So sorry!

The pictures here are of my Christmas cake, which was made from either a Good Food Magazine or Good Housekeeping recipe. I am pretty sure it was Good Food. It is a gingery fruit cake which is rather moreish, and when I have finished posting tonight, I am going to have a slice with a hot cup of tea. My grandad used to eat his fruit cake with a slice of strong cheese, and my Mum has been known to have an orange with hers, but I really don't think you can beat tea.

The other pictures are of the utterly divine yarn that I was given for Christmas. It wasn't until I came to wind it into a ball last night that I realised it is Colinette yarn! I love Colinette, and always linger over their stall at the Ally Pally Knitting and Stitching Show. I cast on 12 stitches and am just knit, knit, knitting every row. I really feel the urge to craft recently and this is a good way to start.

I seem to be full of ideas for the year ahead, I just can't wait to get going. I want to make some baby things for my lovely friend Angela, and also to make some gifts to take into work on Valentines Day. One of the first blogs I started reading was www.ljcfyi.com and last year, she sewed little felt chocolate bar holders for her friends, and I like the idea of that. I never quite got around to making my Christmas Crackers, so I have decided to make Easter Crackers instead. I want to make bread, to sew, to make clothes, and so much more.

My eyes feel sleepy this evening - it was busy at work today. When I awoke this morning, I was convinced it was Monday and Carl was late for work. I think it might be an early-night-with-my-knitting-and-radio-4 night tonight. Wherever you are, I hope you are having a cosy, lovely evening too.

No comments: