Friday 31 October 2008

Day Two From The Sofa

Today, my ear is banging and crackling a little less, but I still can't shake this headache. That is the one thing above all other I am hoping for. If I take all my antibiotics, wrap up warm, one morning soon I will wake up and my headache will be gone.

Until then, my sore-ear-gloom has been lifted a lot by the kind comments here...thank you everybody! I think blog friends are the sweetest people, and I wish I could let you know how much it means to me to go to write a post and find kind thoughts waiting for me.

It is another very cold, very bright day here. I have just finished sipping a chai latte, and am trying to map out the rest of my day. It is so easy for the hours to slip by in a haze of daytime tv and blogs and ebay! (I did just buy a vintage silver christmas tree, but it was such a bargain, and exactly what I was looking for!)

Another hot bath is in order I think, it is about the only thing that seems to ease my head at the moment. I want to bake a pineapple upside down cake (one of the coziest things in the world to do, to me) and read the October and November chapters from the wonderful Romancing The Ordinary. I have finished knitting my scarf, so that will go onto my list of things-to-take-photos-of. I was going to be at a Christmas Craft Fayre with a friend from work, but she has had some bad news and now I will be doing it alone, so I should really get cracking on making some things for that at some point.

I find it hard to just sit and rest, even though I know that is the best thing for me. I feel like I should be doing something...anything!

I can't believe that tomorrow it will be November. I finally get into autumn, and it is slowly changing to winter! I am looking forward to November- I am going to be taking part in NaNoWriMo (national novel writing month) and although I don't think I can commit to that AND NaBloPoMo (most on your blog every day month!) I am going to be blogging more too.

In November, I have so much to look forward to- serving mulled wine with one of my best friends at a firework display, having Sunday lunch where we had our wedding reception, a walk through the woods, getting ready for Christmas, and so much more...

This is the first year I have not had my annual pumpkin carving party. Some of the people who come have had a baby and don't have so much time for that kind of thing any more...I have not been feeling great, and to be honest, time has escaped me a little bit. Now I have my autumnal windowsill set up, I wish I was doing it. I don't think I am going to carve my pumpkin because it is so beautiful as it is, but I thought that tomorrow I might make a roast chicken dinner, with apple cider to drink, and an autumny dessert- maybe apple crumble? I shall light lots of tea lights, and we shall snuggle with a scary film, and I shall plan a return to form next year!

Although it is lovely having our little flat tucked out of the way, it does mean, sadly, that we don't get Trick or Treaters. I really wish we did, and look forward to future years when we may live somewhere a little more visible. I hope that this Halloween brings you all treats, and no tricks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, that Roasted Chicken sounds delicious! It sounds like you are on the road to recovery..I'm so glad! Take Care, Kathy L

Anonymous said...

I am sending you lots of hugs and good wishes because the ear thing sounds so sore and miserable - I think I'm getting sympathy pains because my ear ached this morning for no apparent reason!

I will send you a couple of video links via email to make you giggle and some music links for you to enjoy!

will ring in the week, keep your pecker up as my Mum would say, and look after yourself!

Moonroot said...

Just wondering how you're feeling now and hoping you're on the mend.
Best wishes from Wales!