Saturday 28 May 2011

Dark Clouds and Silver Linings

I feel like I am sleepwalking through a very dark cloud at the moment. But, as a dear friend pointed out, the darkest clouds have a silver lining. It has been raining or threatening to rain much of the past few days. The sky has looked dark and bruised, and it has been just the thing to sip tea and curl up on the sofa with my crocheted throw on my knee, watching Pride and Prejudice.

I think I need more time to find the silver linings properly, I am still very bruised at the moment. My job share partner did not get a job either, and while she is very angry I am just overwhelmingly sad. I have been here for 11 years, and have so many friends, I can't believe that in ten weeks I will be leaving them....and have no idea where I will be leaving to go...

But there are small glimmers. I have really found out how lovely my friends and family and blog friends are! I have plans for a novel to scribble in my spare time, and I have decided that I want to read the works of Jane Austen in the order they were published, and of course watch a few adaptations along the way!

Oh, and I am thinking of knitting a cushion as well.....keeping busy is the thing, I think!

More tea, anyone?

Love
Mimi
xxx

4 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

More tea please. Yes, it is always darkest before the dawn. So while it is dark, rest and just do the next thing. God is not idle--he is working behind the scenes--always--for our good because he is loving and beneficent. He will not fail us. So trust and wait patiently. Some day you will look back and there will be many sweet memories from this time. Sweet mixed with the bitter--always.

Dinahsoar said...

This is the very next thing I read after posting my comment:

http://abbysgarden.blogspot.com/2011/05/teeny-tiny-miracles.html

I thought you might enjoy it too.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your job loss. I'm in the States and our company is straining... so I may be in the same position one day. Keep your head up, but at the same time, allow yourself your grief 12 years is a long time.

Stadsmuissie said...

How sad to hear you lost your job! I feel for you. But you seem to keep yourself pretty busy and full of plans. You go girl! And writing your own book, how splendid! I have always wanted to do the same, but haven't been able to find the courage to give it a try.
Keep us posted!

Love, Debby