Sunday 29 July 2012

Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside!

I am writing this in a living room which is so dark that I really need a lamp on, or a candle. Out of the window I can see a large dark rain cloud looming, which is the cause of the lack of light.

I am not complaining though, as I have just had the most delightful week in the sunshine, full of light and loveliness in the wonderful seaside town of Aldeburgh.

I have read many nice things about Aldeburgh and nearby Snape and Southwold, but nothing bar going there for yourself can really explain the utter wonderfulness of it all. From the pebble beach to the little boating pond, the high street without any big chain stores, fish and chips, the curling river, the seagulls...it is bliss.

I kept a diary whilst I was there so I would not forget any of it, and over the next few days I will be sharing with you some of my adventures.

Just now though, my lovely husband and I are off to the cinema. I wish we didn't have to go out as it has just started pouring with rain, but hopefully we can dodge the raindrops!

There was no internet and barely any mobile phone signal, and I have really missed reading my favourite blogs, and posting myself, but it was also nice to have a little break from the digital world.

Looking forward to catching up with you, love Mimi xxx

No comments: