Monday 29 October 2007

Cup of Tea and a Catch-Up

Gosh, it has been so long! A week or go I was musing on a post about how a week changes so much, about how a week ago I was looking longingly at my winter coat, and now I really need it, and suddenly I realise that was nearly a fortnight ago!

Mostly I have just been run clean off of my feet in the library with half term busyness. My lovely friend Anna has had her baby boy, and all sorts of little things have been going on that seem to take up an inordinate amount of time.

So by way of making it up to you, here is my recipe for carrot and lentil soup, and I promise a proper cup of tea, sit down, catch up with cake tomorrow!

And for now, tie on your aprons, and prepare to make the most comforting (and healthy, bonus!) soup in the world...

Grate (or whizz in the blender chopper thing) about 600g of carrots, don't bother to peel them.

Toast 2tsp cumin seeds, and a pinch of dried chilli flakes in a large pan.

Throw in the carrot, 140g split red lentils, a litre of vegetable stock, and 125ml of milk. Use more liquid if you have used more carrotts, and simmer for about 15 minutes or so.

I like to add a bit more than a pinch of chilli, and to whizz it with a stick blender at the end, but it is a very adaptable recipe!

It reheats really well and is just scrumptious with sourdough bread or naan.

Oh, and one last thing, you know how I adore pumpkins? Go have some fun with this website! I will be carving mine for real on Wednesday while watching 'Sleepy Hollow'!

http://www.theoworlds.com/halloween/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a very delightful autumn soup! I can't wait to try it.