Wednesday 2 April 2008

Another Day, Another Baby!

I was sitting on the train today, on my way to visit my lovely friend Angela who gave birth to a baby boy a few weeks ago, when it suddenly came to me that I am grown up now. I have these little moments. Before this, it was having a telephone of my own. Today though, I realised that yesterday I had had a friend and her baby to lunch, and today I am visiting a friend and her baby. My friends are having babies! I have a darling little flat to have them to tea in! I can go on the train on my own to visit them!

The train journey is only ten minutes or so, so I barely had time to think about this before I had arrived. I had such a lovely visit, lots of baby cuddles and catching up. It occurred to me that when you are a parent, you never get a hot cup of tea! Every time I made us a drink, baby Ben decided he wanted to eat, or a clean nappy, or just a cuddle! Perhaps the thing to buy new parents would be those insulated coffee mugs, so they stand some chance of having a hot cup of tea!

When I got home, I had an eBay parcel- the Dec 1998 issue of Martha Stewart Living Magazine. I settled down with a cup of tea and decided to take advantage of the quiet time to catch up with my blog. Carl has come home now, and I will make us some dinner in a moment. It has been so good to catch up here. Outside, the light is somewhere between dusk and twilight. I like this peaceful time of day.

Oh, while I remember, I have just finished reading The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen. I really like her work, it reminds me a bit of Patricia Cornwell when she was on form. If you would like my copy (trying to keep clutter free!) I will post it to the first person to comment that they would like it. I hope you are all having a lovely week.

No comments: