Wednesday 2 April 2008

The Pause That Refreshes

Hello!

I feel almost nervous as I type this in case there is nobody here anymore, that you have grown tired of waiting for me! If you were here with me now, I would pour you a cup of tea from my new blue teapot, and offer you a slice of home-made lemon cake so we could catch up.

The first couple of weeks I did not post, I was just so busy. I would form posts in my mind as I scurried from work to post office to shop to home, and then be too tired in the evening to do anything about them. Then there was a week or so when dear Carl was using the laptop, so no blogging for me! Then this last week has zoomed by. I have had a Seasonal Scrub whilst I have been away, and am now in the middle of a week off of work. While I was travelling home from Colchester after a work visit, it struck me quite suddenly that I really needed some time off of work. Although getting married was wonderful, I used up nearly all my leave, so the last time I had some real time off was August. I did not intend to have a break from blogging as well, but it came about spontaneously, so perhaps I needed it?

Anyway, the pause has been refreshing. I feel much happier for a few days off of work. I have been visiting, and been visited, pottered about, cooked and read. Oh, and had many cups of tea! I will post about these in a bit... I have been making blog resolutions too, and am all fired up to post more often, and with recipes and so on. I have photos to share with you, and little stories to tell, pictures to paint in words, and so much to share!

I feel this is a rather one-sided conversation. If I had you here with me, I could ask how you are, where you got that marvellous cardigan you are wearing, if you would like another biscuit with your tea...but as distance prevents this, I shall keep up my end of the conversation here, and promise you that if we ever do get to have tea together, I really shall let you get a word in edge-wise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mimi, I'm glad you are back! Yours is one of my favorite blogs to read. I especially enjoy reading about your teas as well as your lifestyle. I live in California and enjoy your first hand account of living in the UK. Your openess and joy of life is so refreshing.
Bye
Teresa

Anonymous said...

MIMI!!!!So glad you are back! I am now very happy! Glad that you had some time off, everyone deserves a break....Take Care, Kathy L