Sunday 16 September 2012

Scenes From a Scrumptious Sunday

Sundays remain for me the best day of the week, even though for the time being I am lucky enough not to have to work on Saturdays either. This past week has flashed by, and I can hardly believe that it is Sunday again already. I seem to have done so much, and also still have so much on my to-do list outstanding.

We have had a family lunch to celebrate my little brother's birthday. I can't believe he will be 26! He is much taller than me so isn't really my little brother but it was lovely to see the family together again. As we walked down to the restaurant for lunch, the Salvation Army Brass Band started to play which was lovely to hear. Although it is far too early in the year, listening to them makes me feel slightly Christmassy!

On our way back home, we bumped into a friend we went to school with, and don't see nearly often enough, so we stopped for a cup of tea with him, before continuing on our way. I wanted to buy some new bedding, a pretty set printed with bird cages, but alas we needed a king size cover and they had only singles, so that will have to wait for another day. (Although we have a double bed, we have a king size duvet on it, to make it extra snuggly)

Now I am snuggled on the sofa with a cup of tea catching up with the premiere of Strictly Come Dancing, seeing the dancers discover who their partners will be. I do love Strictly, and love that it carries us through autumn into winter and deposits us gently on the doorstep of Christmas.

I have a newspaper to read, and there is a lavender scented bath in my near future. Gentle pottering about for a Sunday afternoon, watching the light fade outside the window, feeling the temperature drop slightly, feeling evening creeping on gently.

Wherever you are, I hope you are having a lovely Sunday Love Mimi xxx

No comments: