Monday 24 September 2012

The Words Out Of My Mouth II

http://www.cherrymenlove.com/blog/2012/09/autumn-living.html It is officially Autumn. This means that there are certain things I’ll enjoy doing with my family and friends that only feel this good in the autumn months. If I were to try to recreate them in the Spring or Summer something would be out of place and that is why I love paying attention to the seasons and really making the most of them. These are some of things I’m looking forward to this Autumn - Slow Cooked Food Being outside on a warm Autumn afternoon Baking using cinnamon and nutmeg Watching any period drama – Pride & Prejudice (Colin Firth version), Merchant Ivory films, Downton Abbey etc.. Watching any one of these (or all three)….. I make fires I wear sweaters and big socks I drink much more tea And consume more sweet potatoes......

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

Me too!..I had to go read the post at the link. The three movies she mentioned are 3 of my favorites and I always especially love them in the fall. Thanks for sharing. I must send this to my dil who loves autumn too.

This weekend we will be sitting outside on the porch of an old mill, next to the river with a small waterfall, sharing lunch with our grown children..all of us together. After that we will be going to the corn maze and later that night a bonfire with roasted weenies and marshmallows.

Fall is grand isn't it!! The only thing I can think of that would improve it would be to spend fall in your country--I love England.