Saturday 1 April 2006

Blowing Out The Candles

Hello lovelies!

I have been away a few days again- but for delicious reasons! Thursday I was busy blowing out birthday candles! Oh, I had the most wonderful day. I love that wonderful feeling of opening little parcels, and seeing, and knowing just how much that person gets you! I was spoiled with (amongst other things) a wonderfully soft pink pashmina, a wicker basket to go shopping with, a tiered cake stand in the country roses Doulton pattern I collect, Audrey Hepburn DVDs, Violet Creams, and a wonderful tiny fruit cake, toped with marzipan and iced violets! How wonderful!

Carl was as lovely as ever- he could not have the day off, so he woke me early, and led me into the living room to find a cake he had iced (postiviely aglow with candles) surrounded by rose petals, then some presents and cards. And he took me for the most yummy-licious dinner in the evening, at a restaurant called Muddy Waters which is afloat. Dinner was a dream...and curiously, for the first time perhaps, I felt completely at ease and relaxed! Not that I am normally uptight at restaurants, but as Carl and I started dating young, I often used to feel like the teenager I was in a grown up restaurant.

I spent the day with my Mum- we went to a craft shop, then had a look around a garden nursery, and had lunch and coffee (nutmeg in the bubble and squeak- heaven!) and then home to watch the new Pride and Prejudice, and knit.

It really was a blissful day.

2 comments:

Cookie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you were thoroughly spoiled...as you should be. Best Wishes to you.

mrspao said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a nice day.