Wednesday 28 March 2007

Beautiful Morning

Tuesday morning was pretty special. Not for any big reason, but instead a multitude of little ones. Now Carl is working in London, he has to leave for work quite early, leaving me to my morning in solitude.

Now solitude can be a rather lovely thing. I can let the kettle whistle for a little bit longer than I need to, just to enjoy the sound! When I finally did stop it whistling, I made one of my favourite breakfasts-according to a book I read, it was a favourite of Audrey Hepburn too. A cup of coffee (although I treated myself to vanilla coffee) and two slices of wholemeal toast with raspberry jam, served on my vintage plate painted with love-in-a-mist flowers.

I took my lovely breakfast into our living room, and really it was so quiet and peaceful, and so beautiful. Our sofa is opposite the large window, and the panes of glass were all condensation-y. Through them you could see the sunrise like a glorious Impressionist painting, and they threw my vase of purple tulips into silhouette.

When I ventured outside to work, the air was beautiful. It was slightly hazy, almost misty, like an autumn day rather than a Spring one. Or, like one of those summer days that is going to be very, very hot later on, but just for now is cool. All the colours of the sky were slightly muted, almost like the slight bloom you get on a bunch of black grapes, or on a sloe. The river was as smooth as glass, except for ripples further down the stream, made by a duck. The duck looked like he was wearing an Easter Bonnet, as where the sun was hitting his head, the feathers were glowing green.

There were lots of clumps of violets, which are quiet one of my most favourite flowers. So tiny, but so beautiful, and if you get near enough, such a heavenly scent.

Where it was cooler, the air felt all fresh and clean in my lungs, and my cheeks were slightly rosy. Surely there can be nothing better about such a morning? Wherever you are I hope your morning is just as scrumptious as can be.

No comments: