Monday 11 April 2011

Crafting Sunday

Yesterday was the latest of our 'Crafting Sunday' afternoons. This time we were at the lovely Apryl's house. I dont know what the word is...contentment comes close...but there is a particular feeling of sitting and crafting with a group of other people...it is really blissful. Apryl's house is just lovely. You would never see it in a magazine, but it is really homely. There are photographs on almost every surface, and drawings by her children. There are throws and cushions everywhere, most of which she has made. There are cross stitches on the wall, and everything is a happy memory from somewhere, captured with needle and thread and put on show. While I cross stitched on my 'Keep Calm and Carry On' sampler, Nastassia was crocheting a fancy square, Wendy was knitting a carnation, Carla was embroidering a sausage dog, and the children were decopatching various items. We talked of projects to come, projects we have made. I went home with the pattern for a crocheted Union Jack cushion. We are like that, very sharing with patterns and ideas. There is nothing jealously guarded or skill unshared. It is a bit of a crafting week; tomorrow evening I am off to the little village of Writtle, and there in the Village Hall opposite the duck pond, I will be making Egg Cosies For Easter. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

"I am off to the little village of Writtle, and there in the Village Hall opposite the duck pond, I will be making Egg Cosies For Easter".

What fun you are having! And your crafting Sunday sounds so convivial.