Wednesday 9 March 2011

Pleasures Anticipated

When I am standing in my little library on top of the hill, chatting to my regulars and stamping their books, or when I am at my big library at the bottom of the hill, stock editing and and running staff meetings, I am very happy. I love my work, and I work with some wonderful people. However, it has been quite a while since I took any of my annual holiday time, and I am ready for it. The last few weeks have been exhausting. I am still enjoying my work, but I am tired all the time, and often have a headache at the back of my mind. I have been doing a lot of working late, having to go in early, missing lunches, which I know isn't good for me, and I know I shouldn't but sometimes, you have to, and that goes with being in charge.

So while I love it, equally, I am looking foward to being off next week. A whole week, to myself! Sadly Carl could not get the week off with me, but I am sure I shall amuse myself, and he can look forward to coming home to a week of dinner on the table! On Friday I am going up to London with a friend from work to go to the Stitch and Craft show at Olympia. We go every year and have done for maybe 7 or 8 years, and is definitely a high point in my year. We are taking workshops in making vintage bunting, and stump work bees! I plan to do a lot of baking and reading and knitting and crocheting, watching some films, going for walks, and general puttering. I might even take myself off for a swim or too. Oooh, and I want to try some embroidery too.

I know I am going to really enjoy my week off, but it has come round ever so fast, so I haven't really had time to plan it in my head, or make firm arrangements. I feel a bit like I have missed out on time to anticipate the pleasures to come, so I am making up for it by starting now!

Tomorrow evening I am going to see a comedian at my local theatre, and then on Friday it is up to London (twice in a week!!!) to see Love Never Dies, the sequel to Phantom of the Opera. What a whirl!

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Your planned outings sound like fun...as does your upcoming week off. I know from reading your blog not a minute will go to waste.

fairytalesandflowers said...

I hope you have a scrumptious holiday.